Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday Miscellaneous

Today I posted my 358th entry on my Many Faces of Ennyman art blog, which I started last February. The first entry had four paintings, and the rest have been one per day. Next week will have been one year of posting (mostly) faces.

I started blogging at Ennyman's Territory in 2007, twelve-hundred-eighty-one posts ago. Since that time I've met a lot of very interesting people from all over the world. Thank you to all who have commented or contacted me, and to the new friends who have continued to stay in touch. We live in amazing times.
Last week while in Los Angeles I got a reminder email from Nora at the Superior Library that February was my turn to fill the display case there with art. Last night I brought things down to begin setting up and will finish (hopefully) tonight. If you are a local artist seeking a venue to show your work, Nora is always looking for new talent. Send me a note and I will put you in touch, or contact Nora Fie.

Speaking of venues for art, my paintings will remain on display for another month at Goin' Postal. The packaging/shipping franchise is owned by Uprising guitarist Andrew Perfetti who is also eager to show artist's work there and dress up his walls. Contact Andy on Facebook if you're interested in being considered for a future slot in the schedule.

And finally, in this miscellaneous summation, it's possible I will be doing a reading of some poetry at Beaner's Central tonight. It's Open Mic Wednesday there, and hey, why not?

Here's a poem I wrote in 1982 during the Cold War. The sentiments expressed were unearthed from childhood memories of elementary school exercises in which we practiced what to do in the event of a nuclear war. Remember children, stay in line. We have twenty minutes...

Bad Break

agitation
face white
deep breath
hold tight
run down
look round
hope hard
underground

ten seconds
ten years
dull moans
shrieked fears
wild thoughts
no tears
eyes wide
all ears

push shove
hide fast
screen view
whole past
breathe deep
make haste
taste death
bad taste

sky tear
bright light
no air
stomach tight

flame flash
all ash

ed newman ~ 1982

No comments:

Popular Posts