Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Almost Wordless Wednesday, December 14






A few images from local art galleries or shows. At top is Richard Rosvall, whose Steampunk masks, weapons and jewelry were featured in the Chronicle event at Friends of Industry last summer. Here he is seated at the Ochre Ghost Gallery where work by Adam Swanson, Emily Ostos, and Crystal Pelkey is on display, among others. At bottom is a scene from last weekend's show at Goin' Postal in Superior. Some of my paintings line the shelf above as visitors chat below. Andrew Perfetti plays a quiet guitar riff that allowed guest musician Mark Anderson to take a break. Andy played a key role along with Jeredt Runions and Gustave Campanini in assembling this show that will be on display at his place of business through the month of December.

While driving home last night I listened to an interview with an artist on NPR about an exceptionally haunting piece by Schubert. Here's a quote that caused me to stop the car so I could scribble it down. "It's beautiful and painful. That is what I expect from art."

On a less serious note, my daughter posted a link to a somewhat hilarious website that pairs Nietzsche quotes with Family Circus cartoons. It'll be worth your while to check it out, aptly called The Nietzsche Family Circus.

Meantime, life goes on all around you. Take it in and have a good day.

3 comments:

LEWagner said...

I sent another link on "Not Dark Yet" -- just thought I'd note it here, too, because I thought it would interest you, but you might miss it.

Ed Newman said...

Got it...
on another topic
Sorry to hear of your "situation."

LEWagner said...

It may not be final ... at least here I'm given time to look for ways to work things out ...

Popular Posts