Sunday, June 3, 2018

Church Signs: Signs of the Times?

Pastors preach for one portion of an hour on Sundays, whereas church signs can speak all week. After stumbling upon this Twitter feed of church signs I thought there might be a few others who would enjoy the diversion.

Rather than simply posting text and links I decided to search for a suitable sign to decorate this page and I found this one. -->

I chose this sign because at least two of my brothers are Eagles fans. Even the sign's colors are Eagles colors -- green and white -- so I suspect that this church is located in Philadelphia. It makes me curious about what kinds of signs are in front of churches in Cleveland. Maybe something about how losing builds character.

I still remember the first church sign that actually caught my attention, in Morgantown, West Virginia. It read, "There is no fuel shortage in Hell." I believe this was during the fuel crisis back in the 70s.

Here are some links to additional sites where you can laugh, cry or whatever about church signs:

Funny Church Signs at countryliving.com

Church signs too clever for their own good at Buzzfeed.

Google images is a quick way to get a cross section of what's out there.

Here's another site with a few signs, if you're still curious.

Meantime life goes on all around you. 

No comments:

Popular Posts