Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Almost Wordless Wednesday: Books

What's your "go to" when you feel depressed or down?  Sometimes I just turn and look at my bookshelf, absorbing the good energy that emanates from all the books I've read over the years. 

--Click images to enlarge--


Related Links
Quotes About Books

Question: Have you ever gotten so into a book that you couldn't put it down and you couldn't go to sleep without finishing it? I stayed up all night reading a book once. Have you ever done that? What was the name of the book you couldn't put down?

* * * 

We have bookshelves in nearly every room in our house. It's a small collection compared to the library of Umberto Eco, who supposedly has 35,000 books. My grandmother had a room in her house that was floor-to-ceiling bookshelves full of books. Instead of wainscoting in their living room, my grandparents had bookshelves halfway up the wall. I loved that house.

No comments:

Popular Posts