Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dylan Manhole Art Contest Loser Announced

"I heard ten thousand tweetin' and nobody listenin'... It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall."


On the news front, my white on black entry for the Dylan Manhole Cover Art Contest was not chosen. I received an email that the winners have been selected and that four new manhole covers for Bob Dylan Way will be forged in September. I wasn't crushed, but am now eager to see what the winning art looks like. Congrats to the winners!

The original, which has been on display at Beaners Central during the month of June, is now back at home for viewing during "studio tours."

Win or lose, embrace the day!

5 comments:

M. Denise C. said...

Your submission was really good, E! You are too funny . . . D

Ed Newman said...

Hey, thanks.
I should show you my Hemingway manhole cover portrait. :-)
e.

M. Denise C. said...

Okay!

Julia Forsyth said...

What an amazing contest and manhole cover! Wish we had one of those instead of the green plastic one in our sidewalk in front of our house. Is that paint or a woodcut?

Ed Newman said...

It seemed interesting to me, too. This was painted with white paint on a piece of black foamcore, so the lower one is the actual piece. The purple version is Photoshopped.
(interesting that a name can be used a verb like that.)
e

Popular Posts