This afternoon, I was sifting through 19 years of blog posts to assemble all those that mustered groups of quotes on various topics -- friends, design, writing, advertising, loneliness, purpose, etc.-- or by various people -- Twain, Goethe, Dave Barry, etc.
I came across a few sets that I've yet to publish, hence the seven pearls you can ponder here.
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
– Goethe
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”
— Marilyn Vos Savant
“If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page.”
– Mark Houlahan
“The harder you work, the luckier you get.”
-- Gary Player
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
– Henry Ford
"Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there."
– Will Rogers
"When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?'"
-- Sydney Harris
* * *

No comments:
Post a Comment