Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Assorted Images from Beneath the Historic Duluth Armory Drill Hall

When I was younger and doing what I considered serious photography (with a Minolta SLR later Tokina w/ a set of lenses) I enjoyed taking photos of weathered walls because of the fascinating textures. 

So it was that Monday I had a chance to shoot pictures in the massive space beneath the drill hall floor. I only regret that my iPhone doesn't take sharp photos as it used to because it's been dropped a few too many times.

What I would love to see is a competition between a half dozen pro photographers who get to run amuck throughout the Armory for a day. It would be interesting to see what they came up with. I can even imagine a book out of it. In the meantime, these are some of the scenes that captured my eye.

Only image not from below. Top floor ballroom scene.

When I was a kid this would have been a cool place to play army, or hide and seek. 

Related Links

No comments:

Popular Posts