Friday, June 25, 2021

Flashback Friday: Contemporary Artists Frank Baker Holmes and Jill Mackie

Frank Holmes & Jill Mackie
I met Frank Holmes through the fine arts program at Ohio University in the early 70s. His paintings were impressive, so much so that he won the prestigious Prix de Rome in 1973.

A few years ago we re-connected, sharing a backwards look at our mutual careers. It seemed that his path as an artist had many valuable lessons for other artists with their lives ahead of them, so I wrote a couple blog posts in which I shared his story and his paintings. 

When I visited his home and studio in Narrowsburg, NY I met his wife Jill Mackie, an artist in her own right, who has had paintings displayed in the National Portrait Gallery in D.C. 

Here are some links to my interviews with these two impressive painters whom I am grateful to have known.








* * * 
"Dusk Call" An example of three-point perspective.

No comments:

Popular Posts