Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Local Art Seen: Stephanie Wilcox @ Wussow's


Stephanie Wilcox lives and works here in Duluth. A largely self-taught artist, she enjoys taking regular art classes in the community. "
I am an artist. I make paintings. I make drawings. I am inspired by nature." 


"When shapes repeat, it looks cool. In my art, I make mazes. I make a maze and then I turn the maze into a tree. Mazes are made from memories. My memories are from dreams."


"I choose pencil, markers, paper, and canvas. When I paint on large canvas I feel powerful. Making one artwork feels like millions. It's so fun. I don't know why I keep doing it, I just can't help it. When I'm sleeping, I'm dreaming about my artwork. I think it's just 'me.'"

Related Links
Stephanie Wilcox @ Beaners, 2017  

EdNote: I especially like the titles on her pieces, but can't find where I wrote them, so you will need to make sure you go and see her work this month. The titles are all there. 

No comments:

Popular Posts