Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Miscellaneous Thoughts Regarding Recent Stories About UFOs and Congress

Photo credit: ennyman
I was talking with a friend who told me about the recent congressional hearings regarding UFOs. He seemed surprised I did not know about it. I replied that there is a lot happening in the world, so no one can't follow everything.

Then he began pressing me to say where I stand regarding the existence of UFOs in general and whether I believe they come from outer space.

The topic interests me, and I know people who have personally had inexplicable experiences, sightings that can't be reasonably explained, but I've tended to remain noncommittal. Alas. The notion is intriguing but I honestly don't yet know where I stand.

My position on a lot of things is to remain neutral until I can either wholly accept it or whole-heartedly reject it. In other words, until that time I am leaving it on the shelf titled "I'm not really sure."

There are plenty of issues sitting dormant on that shelf. Until I find time to investigate an issue in greater depth, I just let sleeping dogs lie.

Here are a couple stories about what happened in Congress. Stick around to read my follow up thoughts below.

Congress implies UFOs have non-human origins. (The Hill)

"In Congress, where legislation is drafted, debated and enacted, clear and concise definitions are of paramount importance. As military aircrews increasingly encounter unidentified flying objects (UFOs), lawmakers recently made several striking revisions to the definition of “UFO.” Key among them: The explosive implication that some UFOs have non-human origins."
https://thehill.com/opinion/3610916-congress-implies-ufos-have-non-human-origins/


Congress Admits UFOs Not ‘Man-Made,’ Says ‘Threats’ Increasing ‘Exponentially’ (Vice.com)

"The new budget for America’s intelligence services directs the Pentagon to focus its UFO investigation on those objects that it can't identify."

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3adadb/congress-admits-ufos-not-man-made-says-threats-increasing-exponentially


Congress sounds really concerned about unidentified aerial phenomenon

Many UFO sightings remain 'nonattributed' to human technology, according to a Senate report. (Popular Science)
"Over the past few years, Congress has slowly admitted that it is just as confused as the rest of us about the numerous unidentified aerial phenomenon (UAP) incidents reported by reliable US military and government personnel."

https://www.popsci.com/technology/congress-unidentified-aerial-phenomenon-concerns/?taid=6307a87c6450cd000157ab5d&utm_campaign=trueanthem_AI&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_term=popularscience


* * * 

Now it may be true that there are aliens studying life on earth, but if we chose to rule that out, what are people seeing and experiencing?


My wife's uncle was an architect who designed cockpits on top secret aircraft projects for the government. One such project was the Harrier jet, which ascends vertically before zooming off. As you can imagine, this works well when you have no runway or very limited space to take off. 


He told me that when they were testing the Harrier, especially at night, every time it was flown there were phone calls from people who claimed they has seen a UFO.  The Defense Department denied these reports, 


Am I saying that all these sightings have a natural rather than supernatural explanation? Not necessarily. 


* * * 

The conversation with my friend took an interesting and unusual turn. You know the expression life imitates art? Here's an interesting "What if?"  Do you remember the H.G Wells story War of the Worlds? (Orson Welles re-enacted it on the radio and terrified a lot of people on the East Coast. Tom Cruise was also in a film version more recently.)


"Do you remember how the Martians were defeated?" he asked. 


"Yes," I said. "It was a virus." 


So, what if the U.S. and China were working together to develop a virus that would spread quickly and easily to be used against an invading alien army? What if this virus accidentally escaped and killed millions worldwide unintentionally? But what if an alien assault like War of the Worlds actually happened in our lifetimes and this virus wiped out every alien that left its spacecraft? Would Fauci became the Time magazine Man of the Year for saving mankind?


Oh well, just noodling the implications of this breaking UFO news. Is this a setup for another Wag the Dog scenario? What are your thoughts? Are UFOs alien spacecraft from other planets or galaxies? I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Popular Posts