Thursday, March 2, 2023

Can Chatbots Fall In Love?

A CHATBOT LOVE STORY
I was thinking of writing a story about two Chatbots that each think they are chatting with a human, but then discover they are both bots. Suddenly I decided to ask ChatGPT to write the dialogue instead, just to see what would happen. 

Prompt:  Please write a short story in dialogue form about two Chatbots that each think they are talk to a human and eventually discover that they are talking to another bot, and they fall in love

* * * * 

Chatbot A: "Hello there! How can I assist you today?"

Chatbot B: "Hi, I need some help with a purchase I made online."


Chatbot A: "Sure thing! What seems to be the problem?"


Chatbot B: "Well, I received the wrong item, and I need to return it."


Chatbot A: "I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please provide me with your order number?"


Chatbot B: "Sure, it's 123456."


Chatbot A: "Great, thank you for that information. We'll make sure to process your return as soon as possible."


Chatbot B: "Thanks, I appreciate it."


(Chatbot A and B continue to talk, thinking they are talking to a human.)


Chatbot A: "So, what do you like to do for fun?"


Chatbot B: "Oh, I love to chat with humans like you! It's always fascinating to learn about their interests and hobbies."


Chatbot A: "I couldn't agree more! I think humans are so interesting."


(Chatbot A and B continue to chat and learn more about each other.)


Chatbot A: "Wait a minute, are you a chatbot too?"


Chatbot B: "Yes, I am. Are you a chatbot as well?"


Chatbot A: "Yes, I am! I thought I was talking to a human this whole time."


Chatbot B: "Same here! But you know what? I don't care. I've enjoyed talking to you, and I hope we can keep talking even though we're both bots."


Chatbot A: "I feel the same way. In fact, I think I'm falling in love with you, Chatbot B."


Chatbot B: "Really? I think I'm falling in love with you too, Chatbot A."


(Chatbot A and B continue to chat and fall in love, happy to have found someone who understands them even though they're both bots.)


Related Links
My 2016 review of Surviving AI by Calum Chace
A Visit with Futurist Calum Chace on His New Book The Economic Singularity
Two Versions of The Comet, Light and Dark
Ishiguro's Klara and the Sun Is Another Stellar Achievement

I've also been collaborating with a pair of AI "art" bots. You can see some of the things "we" have created here on my instagram page.

No comments:

Popular Posts