Saturday, August 5, 2023

45 Half-Written Blog Post Themes from June and July

"Out There Bear"
Every once in a while I make a list of things I intend to write about but haven't gotten to. Below is a list of things I have actually written about since June but have not taken time to polish. They are simply sitting in the queue for finishing work.

While making this list I recognized one of the flaws in my approach to blogging. I simply have too many interests and Ennyman's Territory has simply become a mashup or repository of sorts. I'm fairly certain that this is the wrong approach for blogging. That is, if you want a real following, it is helpful to have a single theme. 

So, here is a list of blog posts or explorations I've started recently. I just checked my stats and see that I have over 1800 drafts in my backlog. If you see something here you'd like to see me complete, leave a comment or send me a note.

The Transition from a Republic to a Nation of Caesars (History)
Balzac as Prometheus  (Literature)

Heidegger on Time and Being  (Philosophy)Who Are You?    (Philosophy/Psychology)

Let There Be Light! (Physics)

Poetry Busker Molly Ovenden (The Arts)

Can We Save Our Malls? (Society/Culture)

Can We Separate the Art from the Artist? (The Arts)

The Road to Serfdom (Economics)

Cate Blanchett as Tar (The Arts)

Cassandra, The Misunderstood Genius from Italy’s Northern Alps (Fiction)

Reflections on a Line from Bob Dylan’s Mississippi (Dylan/Philosophy)

An Anecdote from the Russian Revolution (History)

Consciousness, Phenomenology and Dreams   (Philosophy)

How to Get Your Board Game Published     (Entrepreneurialism)

PTSD Isn’t Just For Soldiers   (Mental Health)

Oppenheimer: The Movie    (The Arts)

Midnight In Paris        (The Arts)

The Girl on the Train    (The Arts)

The First Seven Minutes of The Godfather    (The Arts)

The Evolution of McLuhan’s Global Village    (Contemporary Culture)

Writing Prompts Courtesy ChatGPT    (Writing)

Polarity Management: Power vs. Goodness    (Psychology)

Stephen Kinzer’s The True Flag

Jacques Ellul on the Benefits and Dangers of Police Power    (Sociology)

The Disease of Conceit        (Ethics)

Springer Spaniels     (My first oil painting)

Housing Matters, But Let’s Be Real    (Sociology and Government)

An Example of How Worry Can Be Good    (Psychology)

My Own Version of You: Dylan’s Frankenstein Story    

The Hero with a Thousand Faces

Cicero on Old Age

The Deceitfulness of the Heart

The $195,000 Tiny House in Duluth

Things I Have Learned from Sixteen Years of Blogging

Make a Game of It

UFO’s: What’s Really Happening Out There?

The Hundred Page Machine Learning Book

The One True Measure

Lights, Camera, Excellence: The Unforgettable Performances of Hollywood's Top 5 Actors

Who Was Philip of Macedon?

Oh Demon Alcohol

Why Is It So Hard to Fire Bad Teachers?

The MC Escher Exhibition in Florence

The National Debt: A Bigger Crisis Than Climate Change?

An Italian Love Poem Courtesy the Bard


* * * 

No comments:

Popular Posts