Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Heard on the Street: Quotes from Other Boats (3 April 2024)

"Regrettably, we must conclude that our culture is being dictated by two-year-olds. I do not literally mean children of two years of age, some of whom are among my favourite conversationalists. I mean people with the mental age of a two-year-old. That is, people who have never been told ‘no’ and have gone through their adult lives behaving as such."

--Douglas Murray, Who Put the Toddlers In Charge?



"Americans concerned about the politicization of our legal system won’t be comforted by the Department of Justice’s lawsuit against Walmart’s alleged role in the opioid crisis, which looked political from the jump. A federal judge telegraphed earlier this week that the suit is also far-fetched."

--Joe Grogon, Biden’s Justice Department looks for scapegoats in overdose deaths



"I reiterate my firm call for an immediate ceasefire in the Gaza Strip. I express my deep sorrow for the volunteers who were killed while distributing humanitarian aid in Gaza. I pray for them and their families."

--Pope Francis


"In his 1996 book, The Vision of the Anointed, economist Thomas Sowell sketched out a pattern that many of the 'crusading movements' of the 20th century have followed. First, they identify a 'great danger' to society, followed by an 'urgent need' for government action 'to avert impending catastrophe.'"

--Aaron Brown, The Bad Science Behind Jonathan Haidt's Call to Regulate Social Media


No comments:

Popular Posts