Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Where's Waldo?

My son was born in 1986. The Waldo books emerged in 1987. When we got Micah that first Where's Waldo?, searching for that skinny guy in the red and white striped sweater enthralled the whole family. Whether he three or four or five I have no recollection, but I do know that dad enjoyed it as much as the boy.
Well, on Easter Sunday I was driving my mom home from her winter digs in Tampa, and guess what? I now know where Waldo is. It's a town in Florida between Gainesville and Jacksonville. Here's a snapshot I captured as we were passing through.

Today I am in Pennsylvania. Tomorrow I take a bus into NYC for the New York International Auto Show. It will be a whirl of a day, returning late, and then waking to go with my three brothers to Bridgewater NJ where we went to high school and did most of our growing up.

Also being celebrated is my brother Don's 50th birthday. Half a century! That's a big one.

I doubt there will be access to blog the next few days, but hey, you can always go back to June or July for some fresh material.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing today, make the most of it. And I hope you feel a little better now that you know where Waldo is.

No comments:

Popular Posts