Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Hey Friends, It's Groundhog Day... Again

"Hear Ye Hear Ye
On Gobbler's Knob this glorious Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2009
Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators..." 

OFFICIAL VERDICT: Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, which mean six more weeks of winter. 

* * * 

The film Groundhog Day is definitely one of my top ten favorite films of all time. Here's a 2009 blog post about the Bill Murray classic

* * * 
Here's something I never knew before. Milltown, NJ also celebrates Groundhog Day with its own celebrity groundhog, Milltown Mel. Last night, and I'm not making this up, Milltown Mel died. Yes, he did... Was it foul play by folk from Punxsutawney? Is there a meaning to be found in this tragedy? What if it means... and I dread saying it, six more years of Covid?

* * * 

For more fun about the importance of this day, do a search for Groundhog Day on your Twitter feed.

You can also read my very brief 2021 post from this day and pretend it's deva vu all over again.

A self-centered Pittsburgh weatherman finds himself 
inexplicably trapped in a small town
as he lives the same day over and over again.

No one does it like Bill Murray, but he didn't do it alone. 
The film had a great supporting cast with Andie McDowell,
Chris Elliot and a host of extras.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had a "groundhog day" one time in my life! That would be the day I met Bob Dylan for the first time on the 25th of July 1981!!
I love this movie

Ed Newman said...

Thanks for the comment.
Yes, that is an interesting twist.
What day would YOU (readers) like to relive over and over gain in your your life. I have a few....
e

Popular Posts