Saturday, December 10, 2022

Ranking Bob Dylan Album Covers and More, with Dylan on my Mind

Dylan on my mind.
 
Click to enlarge.
This is a "chart" that I saw on Reddit. Seems like quite a while since I saw a list of favorite Dylan album covers. As for me, I find it almost impossible to do something like this. It's much like being asked to rank Dylan's albums (or the Beatles), or pick the top 10 songs.

One can't help but notice that all of the top tier selections are from the 60's and 70's. How much were the selections based on a love of those specific, iconic albums or their half century of famliarity?

Those early albums cemented Dylan's stature as a songwriter. His Never Ending Tour has cemented his stature as a performer. 

Here's a link to where I pulled the album cover chart from: https://www.reddit.com/r/bobdylan/comments/zhb5j2/bobs_album_covers_ranked/

* * * *

Another cool site I discovered this past 24 hours was an A.I. art generator. You plug in keywords, select a style and the bot create
s an image based on your criteria.  

Since I've got Dylan on my mind today (am writing this while listening the the Dylan Hour (Highway 61 Revisited, hosted by Miriam) and a Dylan-themed op-ed was published in our local Duluth News Tribune, it seems appropriate to share a few Dylan-theme designs by my A.I. "bot" friend.


May you stay forever young.
That means keeping an open mind to new adventures.
As Miriam is fond of saying, "Catch you on the flip side."

No comments:

Popular Posts