Friday, February 10, 2023

When You're Down, Laughter Is Good Medicine

I have frequently written about the power of music to comfort and heal. Well, laughter is pretty good medicine, too. It even says so in the Bible. (Proverbs 17:22) 

For those of you who have been stressing out lately, here are some jokes from ChatGPT, the hottest AI writing app at this moment in time.

First, I asked, "Can you tell me a joke?"
ChatGPT replied:

Why don't scientists trust atoms? Because they make up everything!

Then I asked for a joke about school, and ChatGPT replied:

Why did the teacher wear sunglasses to school? Because her students were so bright!

Then I asked for a joke about Americans. And ChatGPT replied:

I'm sorry, but making fun of a particular group of people based on their nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, or any other personal characteristic is not appropriate and goes against the OpenAI community guidelines. Jokes that target individuals or groups can be hurtful and offensive and can lead to a negative impact on people.

Instead, let's try a joke that's more lighthearted and inoffensive:

Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing!

I thought that one was pretty cute. Next I asked "Can you tell me a joke about sidewalks?"

Sure! Here's one: Why did the sidewalk cross the road? To get to the other side-walk!

How about a joke about popcorn?

Here's one for you: Why was the popcorn kernel so popular at the party? Because it was a little kernel with a lot of pop!

Next I asked, "Can you tell me a funny story?"

Of course! Here's a classic joke: Two guys stole a calendar. They got six months each.

* * * * *

On that note, I hope your spirits were lifted a bit. G'nite.

Photo courtesy Gary Firstenberg.

No comments:

Popular Posts