Wednesday, April 5, 2023

What Were You Doing Last Weekend While Wyland Painted a Whaling Wall in New London?

On March 20 I shared a blog post titled "Wyland, the Marine Michaelangelo, Returns to New London to Re-Paint the Whaling Wall." When I was first introduced to Wyland's art by photographer Gary Firstenberg, I was duly impressed by the scale and quantity of his murals. As I prepared to interview Wyland I was especially impressed by how extensive his work outside of painting murals turned out to be. But when I saw what a professional marine muralist can accomplish in a single weekend... Well, you can see it here in a three minute time-lapse photo-story.

I have often told young writers, artists and dreamers that life is longer than you realize and that if you dedicate yourself to that which you are passionate about and feel called to do, you will accomplish far more than you ever dreamed possible. Wyland is one of many such examples. 

"Let's get this show on the road."

There's nothing quite like that feeling of accomplishment.
(View from the roof across the street.)

Hooray for New London. 
Thank you, Wyland.
Thank you Gary.

No comments:

Popular Posts