Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Almost Wordless Wednesday: Butter Pecan Ice Cream Showdown

This had been my favorite for the past couple years.
For the longest time Dean's has been my favorite butter pecan ice cream brand. The flavor of the ice cream and the pecans all worked well together. When you've found something you like, something that always satisfies, you know what to expect. I like routines. No surprises.

Then one day while looking for my Dean's I noticed some of the other brands that touted a butter pecan ice cream. As a result, I broke my routine, caved in to that curiosity that nudges us into a new experience. I purchased a little tub of Breyers.


Breyer's has a good name and a good reputation. The picture on the container is accurate.
The pecans are large. And though it is a good butter pecan ice cream, I felt it wasn't strong 
enough to displace Dean's.


The next time I went to purchase ice cream I intended to buy Dean's.
But then I became curious. My eye fell on the Stone Ridge brand
and next thing I knew I was curious again. Wow! I love it. 
Both the flavor and texture are sweet.


Kemp's will be next. I'll keep you posted.

Do you have a favorite?

No comments:

Popular Posts