Tuesday, May 11, 2021

The 2021 A to Z Dylan Digression

Bob Dylan Way Manhole Cover
I recently visited the blog of a friend from Texas who had an interesting "concept" for her blog themes for a period of time and a half time. That theme was called the 2021 A to Z Challenge. It worked the way prompts do for writers. In her case the first day of the challenge was to write about some that began with the letter A, followed the next day by a B themed topic. 

This triggered the notion that I should do an A to Z Dylan Challenge. The problem for me would be that I have so many other things I want to share that I was certain to deviate from any plan that stretched more than a few days.

This led me to conceive of the 2021 A to Z Dylan Digression. Instead of writing 26 blog posts going forward, I thought maybe it would be fun to come up with 26 topics from the past. Most of these are things I've written over the years. A few are links to songs themselves. The letters are my fetters.

A -- Art -- Dylan Mural in Minneapolis

B -- Bootleg: More Blood, More Tracks

C -- Changes

D -- Duluth Dylan Fest

E -- Every Grain of Sand

F -- Freewheelin'

G -- Grateful Dead: Influence

H -- Heaven's Door

I -- I Shall Be Free #10

J -- John Bushey, Host of Highway 61 Revisited

K -- Knockin' On Heaven's Door

L -- Love & Theft 

M -- Masked & Anonymous

N -- Nashville Cats

O -- Oh Mercy

P -- Performed Literature  

Q -- Queen Jane Approximately

R -- Ramona

S -- Shakespeare

T -- Twist of Fate 

U -- Umbrella

V -- Visions of Johanna

W -- Watchtower

X -- Extras*

Y -- You Angel You 

Z -- Zanzinger

* Wasn't sure what to do with the X. Got any ideas?

Duluth Dylan Fest is 11 days away. Here is a link to the schedule.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A SUGGESTION FOR THE LETTER X "sometimes I wonder what's going on with Miss X" NEW PONY 1978

Ed Newman said...

Thank you. That is a perfect line for the letter X.
e.

Popular Posts