Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The Artists of Yellow Bird Fine Art Have Found a Nest in Duluth

Saturday I shared images from a multimedia project called FISHNETSTOCKINGS, now appearing at the Joseph Nease Gallery along with a pair of paintings by Jonathan Thunder. While there I learned about the Open House at the Yellow Bird Fine Art Gallery located adjacent to Zeitgeist. So nice to see the new resident in our Downtown Duluth Arts District.

There were many familiar faces at the opening, and the walls are filled with works by many or our regional artists. I thought I'd heard someone say that there are 70 artists represented, though I am not entirely sure I heard correctly. In addition to paintings, they have glass works, pottery and jewelry. Here are just a few of the names represented: Karl Weber, Kris Nelson, Karen Nease, Sophie Irvine, Margie Helstrom, Anna Marie Pavlik, Jean Hedstrom, Luke Hillestad, Sue Rauschenberg and many others.

The Yellow Bird Fine Art gallery is located on Superior Street at the corner of 3rd Avenue East, adjacent to the Zeitgeist. Here's a clip from Fox21 about the new gallery and its team.

No comments:

Popular Posts