Sunday, June 23, 2019

My Most Read Stories On Medium This Week and a C.S. Lewis Quote

Friday was the longest day of the year. It was also the kickoff for Grandma's Marathon weekend with their pre-marathon 5K event that I ran two years ago. The weather has been perfect for running and/or walking... or watching. Saturday's marathon was once again run with enthusiasm. 9000 runners this year.

The week my most-read stories on Medium were:

12 Powerful Novellas That Moved Me When I First Read Them 

A Pocketful of Points to Ponder by Socrates
Published in A Philosopher's Stone

The Chemistry of Photography: A Father’s Day Tribute
My Father's Day tribute

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Infobahn
Published in The Startup

Creating Crossword Puzzles for Fun & Profit: A Visit with Christina Iverson
Also published in The Startup

The Virtue of Discipline
On becoming our better selves.

Memories: Both a Comfort and a Curse

Awed by Two Van Gogh Paintings at the National Gallery

* * * *
THOT FOR THE DAY
"Mankind is so fallen that no man can be trusted with unchecked power over his fellows. Aristotle said that some people were only fit to be slaves. I do not contradict him. But I reject slavery because I see no men fit to be masters."--C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Popular Posts